Hospital Bag Essentials

Not sure what to put in your hospital bag? Here are a few of our essentials for mom. 



Even if you don't plan to nurse a nursing bra will be more comfortable than a traditional bra. 

You can stick to the night gown provided by the hospital, but I felt a little more comfortable in my own clothes. I also found the hospital night gown was very difficult to nurse in. 

3. Lip Balm and Toiletries 
The hospital is very dry so lip balm is key, you may also want to pack some small toiletries from home. 

Nice warm socks with a no skid bottom are perfect for those walks down the hall to the nursery. 

5. Pads
Nursing pads to catch any leaks are a must even if you do not plan on nursing. 

With my first son I didn't have this and really wish I had, this was the first thing I tossed in the bag with my second son. 

I packed a pre-pregnancy outfit and had to have my husband run home to get me a new one. Remember that you will not be your pre-pregnancy weight when you go home, the second time around I packed a 6 month maternity outfit and it was perfect. 

Yes, the hospital provides towels but they are usually thin and rough. A nice plush towel from home really hits the spot when you get out of the shower. 

Don't forget to charge the battery before you leave. 


Did we miss anything? What was your hospital bag must have?

Comments

Popular Posts